Welcome to LMS’s Library Website!
We are open from 7:10 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. You are welcomed to come to the library at any time as long as you have a pass from your teacher. The library will open two weeks after school begins and close two weeks before school ends.
Policies & Procedures
- Your teacher must sign your pass to enter the library during the school day. A.M. and lunch time will be the 1st 25 students who sign in & stay.
- Place book bag on the storage shelf.
- Use a shelf marker while taking books off of the shelf.
- Be respectful to people & property.
- Be quiet in the library.
- If you are checking out another book, return the book to Ms. Stackel at the circulation desk. If she is not there, return the book to the book deposit box outside of the library.
- Stand in an orderly line to check out books.
- Food and drink are not allowed.
- Students may check out 2 books at a time for a 2 week period. The late book return fine is $.05 per book per day.
- Follow JPPSS Policies and Procedures Manual
Tutoring Websites & Resources
How to Study
LA Department of Education Academic Standards
LA Department of Education Family Support Toolbox
OWL Online Writing Lab for ESL Students
OWL Online Writing Lab Tutors
Resources by Subject
Research Process: Tutorials & Videos
The Daily Beast
The Huffington Post
The New Orleans Advocate
Newseum-Today’s Front Pages
The New York Times
The Washington Post
US News & World Report
Ms. Stackel’s Contact Information